Bruno Chaza, the blog
Link on the forum for the last news.
- 30 th, new album available download apple, itunes, deezer etc
- 29 th, new album is available
- Spring is there !
I have to run a busy schedule that starts with being a member of the jury for the mid-term evaluation of the first and second cycle classes at the conservatory.
Early April : In place of the regular bassplayer rehearsal for the show about Serge Gainsbourg at Cahors conservatory. The show conducted by Alain Fourcade offers eleven Serge Gainsbourg songs from the seventies . It was a real pleasure to play with a string orchestra, a rythmn section, a pianist, a guitarist and a choir at the same time. The next day I had to stand in for 8 songs presented at the Eastern mass of the Saint Etienne chapel of the Cahors secondary school in Occitania. I was playing a piccolo bass.
Later on, rehearsal and concert at the Raphael Leygues theater at Villeneuve sur Lot around Béla Bartok under François Rossé musical direction. I took part in an improvisation with Laurent Claverie on tenor saxophone, François Rossé on piano and Pierre Savary on drums. Then I played an Emerson Lake and Palmer version of the Barbaro allegro of Bartok with the musical arrangements of Pierre Savary. For this piece of music the trio was formed by Maxime Pialot on Steinway, Pierre Savary on drums and me on my faithful Sunburst.
On the 28th of April a student of mine tried and passed the third cycle with distinction. He was the first student to get on this cycle at the Béla Bartok conservatory.
Here comes a busy winter.
- Among the numerous activities I will work with the disabled children of a medico-educational institution from the Occitania region in France and be a sideman of a lead singer of a choir performing for the Christmas mass with pianist and a guitarist in Saint Etienne's chapel.It was good fun to play Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ave Verum Corpus. Apart from those performances the new Aquitaine Bela Bartok conservatory programm will start with the study of different artists' compositions such as :
- Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody - Red Hot Chili Peppers Sir Psycho Sexy - Télephone, Ca s'est Vraiment Toi - Elvis Costello, Watching The Detectives - Chris Réa, Auberge - Chi Coltrane, Thunder and Lightning - Michael Jackson, Billie Jean. It was a great pleasure to teach on the 23 rd of December which was the last school day of the year. My students brought me a lot of presents. Chocolate drops, honey, candles, white wine, cd and pâté.
- For the Docks workshops I'm already working on the sight-reading of new pieces like. Jessie Jay, Ariana Grande, Bang, Bang - Lacuna Coil, Enjoy The Silence - Sting, Fragile - Cocoon, Dolphins - France Gall, Résiste - Zaz, Je veux - The Rolling Stones, Angie - The Black Keys, Lonely Boy - Offspring, Dirty Magic - Red Hot Chili Peppers, Under The Bridge.
- New sight-reading for the transcript pages.